It might seem like a trivial question, but today’s buyers actually DO care about the color of the house they’re buying. As a rule of thumb, stick with neutral colors — according to HomeLight’s Top Agent Insights Report for Q1 2020, 98% of agents surveyed agreed that neutral color schemes appeal the most to homebuyers.
To get more specific, here are some recommendations…
For common areas…
- Agreeable Gray by Sherwin-Williams was ranked the #1 paint color by agents in a Homelight survey.
- Accessible Beige by Sherwin-Williams for something a little more interesting than stone-cold gray
- Penthouse by Clare for creating a sophisticated feeling in your home.
- Canvas Tan by Sherwin-Williams is great for complementing wood stains.
For the Kitchen…
- Linen White by Benjamin Moore. It’s hard to go wrong with white in the kitchen!
- Newburyport Blue by Benjamin-Moore is a muted blue that makes for a great accent color.
- Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore for a darker gray-brown color.
- Sparrow by Benjamin Moore for a warm and welcoming tone.
- Oyster White by Sherwin-Williams for a white color that complements homes with wood accents.
Hopefully, that helps you choose some paint!